Grand Jury of Greene County went into session on September 30, 2019 and ended the session on October 1, 2019. The Grand Jury considered various criminal charges against various defendants and returned 49 true bills some of which were multiple count, indictments, resulting in 30 felonies and 14 misdemeanors.
There were 49 cases continued, all but three being drugs cases continued because there were no Certificates of Analysis from the department of Forensic Sciences. There were 7 no bills returned.
- Kendrick Tyrell Chavers was indicted on Sexual Abuse II; Count II: Sodomy 2nd Degree and Count III: Enticing Child for Immoral Purposes.
* Jeremy Obrian Hutton was indicted for Receiving Stolen Property 3rd Degree.
- Quin’darious Keshawn Jackson was indicted for Robbery I, Count II: Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree and Count III: Assault II.
- Terry Lee Moore was indicted for Receiving Stolen Property I, Count II: Bringing Stolen Property Into State and Count III: Unlawful Possession of Controlled Substance, and Count IV: Unlawful Possession of Marijuana II.
- Nikita Raynard Riles was indicted on Theft of Property I.
- Richard Winn was incited for Discharging Firearm into Occupied Vehicle and Count II: Reckless endangerment.
- Antonio Belton was indicted on Rape I.
JaJuan Fluker was indicted on Discharging Firearm into Occupied Vehicle and Count II: Reckless Endangerment.
Prentiss Fountain was indicted for Discharging Firearm into Unoccupied Dwelling and Count II: Reckless Endangerment.
Larry Lee Hall was indicted on Domestic Violence III and Count II: Unlawful Imprisonment.
Alfred Johnson was indicted on Receiving Stolen Property II.
Franshay Keon Stewart was indicted on Possession of Marijuana I.
Dekenta Thompson was indicted on Certain Person Forbidden to Possesses Pistol and Count II: Carrying a Concealed Weapon.
Champion Bruce Tucker was indicted on Burglary III and Count II: Criminal Mischief III.
Tavares Donte Folks was indicted for Possession of Marijuana II.
Lydell Bailey was indicted for Possession of Marijuana I.
Dwayne Watkins was indicted for Possession of Marijuana I.
Aaron Micheal George was indicted for Trafficking in Cannabis.
Darius Jerel Cobble was indicted for Trafficking in Cannabis.
Jonathan Henry Harris was indicted for Trafficking in Cannabis.
Terrell Dewayne Davis was indicted for Possession of Marijuana I.
Mark Dewayne Jones was indicted for Domestic Violence II.
Cornelius Thomas was indicted for Forgery 3rd Degree.
Dekenta Thompson was indicted for Certain Person Forbidden to Possess Firearm, Count II: Discharging Firearm into Occupied Building and Count III: Criminal Mischief II; Count IV: Reckless Endangerment.
The Grand Jury also made the following recommendations: Repair the light in the holding cell in the Greene County Jail and there need to be two nurses needs on duty at the Greene County Jail.
The Grand Jury noted that Pursuant to Alabama Code 14-6-42, the Greene County Sheriff’s Office has provided the Grand Jury with documentation verifying that a Prisoner Feeding Fund has been set up and is being maintained for the purpose of feeding the prisoners in the custody of the Greene County Sheriff Department.