The Greene County Commission met Monday, June 12, 2017 and considered and took action on the following:
* Approved Maintenance agreement with Elections Systems & Software relative to AutoMark equipment. (The AutoMARK® ballot-marking system provides autonomy to voters who are blind, visually impaired, or have a disability or condition that makes it difficult to traditionally mark a ballot) In the commission’s work session held the previous week, it was noted that the county has HAVA (Helping America Vote Act) funds to cover this maintenance costs of $6,039.25.
* Approved Resolution in support of cost and obligations of CDBG grant to E911 for site construction. The E911 has received a CDBG grant to construct a building to house its central operations, however the three bids submitted for the construction have all been above what is provided in the state grant. The E911 board has assured the commission that it has sufficient funds to meet the additional cost, however, since the grant is issued through the county, that entity must pledge its support toward these obligations.
* Approved contract for construction of Mantua Safe Room.
* Approved Warranty Deed for Greene County Industrial Development Authority. The commission agreed to deed approximately 1.9 acres of county land to the IDA which in turn may work out an arrangement for use of the property by Rock-Tenn Company.
* Approved Error/Insolvent Report as submitted by the Revenue Commissioner.
* Approved 2017 Sales Tax Holiday which has been moved from the first Friday in August to the third Friday in July.
*Approved license transfer of Clinton One Stop to an LLC.
* Approved request of E911 to have county’s siren system repaired, with costs covered by county’s general fund bingo resources.
* Approved staff travel as follows: Accounts Payable, July 26-28, Montgomery (AAPPA Conference); County Appraiser, June 28-29, Prattville County Government Institute; Appraisal Staff Conference, August 6-11 (2 employees); Appraisal Fundamentals of Real Property, Sept.11-15; ACI Concrete Training, 2 engineering assist, June 22-23, Birmingham; Assist Engineer and Engineer’s Assist., August 8-9, Grove Hill (ACI Concrete Training; Assist. Engineer and Engineer’s Assist, June 27-30, Auburn, Roadway Technical Course; Error/Insolvent Report, Brenda Goree, Revenue Commissioner.