At its regular meeting held Monday, May 14, 2018, the Greene County Board of Education approved a variety of changes regarding the school system’s personnel as recommended by Superintendent, Dr. James Carter. Transfers among the central office personnel effective for the 2018-2019 school year include the following: Robert Stewart from Technology Coordinator to Truancy Officer; Cindy Taylor from Truancy Officer to Attendance Supervisor; Makane Morrow from Child Nutrition Program Director to Technology Coordinator.
Other transfers from the various school facilities effective for the next school year, include the following.
* Garry Rice from Principal at Greene County High School to Principal at Robert Brown Middle School;
* Fredrick Square, from Principal at Robert Brown Middle to Assistant Principal at RBM;
* Toice Goodson, from Principal of 9th Grade Academy at GCHS to Principal at Greene County Learning Academy;
* Barbara Martin, from Principal at Robert Brown Middle to Principal at Eutaw Primary School;
* Teresa Atkins from teacher to CNP Director;
* Patricia Rhone from Business Education Teacher at Robert Brown Middle School to Teacher at Greene County Career Center;
* Nathaniel Webb from Transportation Department to Maintenance Department;
*David Peterson from Maintenance Department to Transportation Department.
The board approved the following non-renewals recommended by the Superintendent Carter. It should be noted that individuals approved for non-renewal at the close of a school term may be called back to the school system, for the next term, on an as-needed basis.
* Eutaw Primary School Non-Renewals: Johnnie Lee, 1st Grade Teacher; Kendra Payne; 1st Grade Teacher; Fentress Means, Physical Education Teacher; Tweila Morris, Secretary; Katlin Whittle, Art Teacher; Jacqueline Allen, Reading Intervention Teacher.
* Robert Brown Middle School Non-Renewals: Teresa Atkins, Consumer Science Teacher; Justin Booth, Agro-Science Teacher; Danielle Edison, Special Education Teacher; Fredrick Holmes, Music / Band Teacher; Shunetta Kirkman, 6th Grade Teacher; Ashley Moore, 5th Grade Teacher; Cardelia Page, 5th Grade Teacher; Deborah Summerville, 7th Grade Teacher; Miakka Taylor, 8th Grade Teacher; Katlin Whittle, Art Teacher; Jacqueline Edwards, Part-Time Janitor.
*Greene County High School Non-Renewals: Justin Booth, Part-Time Physical Education/Agro-Science Teacher; Wanda Gaitor, Part-Time Secretary; Fredrick Holmes Music / Band Teacher; Fentress Means, Driver Education Teacher; Demilia Snyder, Science Teacher.
* Greene County Career Center Non-Renewals: Sondra Green, Health Science Teacher; Mary Henderson, Part-Time Secretary.
* Greene County Learning Academy, Non-Renewal: Dr. Bennie Pennington, Lead Teacher.
* Maintenance Department Non-Renewal: Carl Oliver.
* Transportation Department Non-Renewal: Gerald Holloway, Bus Driver.
The board approved the following resignations: Shennell Spears, Business Management Administration, Greene County Career Center, effective May 312, 2018; Diana Bowden, Lab Aide, RBM, effective May 26, 2018; Dr. Sharon Jennings, Principal Eutaw Primary School, effective May 31, 2018; Marsha Powell, Bus Aide, Department of Transportation, effective March 16, 2018; and Dora Hardy, Cook at Greene County High School.
The Superintendent recommended and the board approved sending letters of termination to the following personnel for Additional Service Contracts (Separate Contracts).
* Robert Brown Middle School: Corey Cockrell as Head Football Coach, B-Team Basketball Coach and Athletic Director; Henry Miles as Assistant Football Coach; Dorris Robinson as Cheerleader Sponsor; Jeffery Wesley as Head Basketball Coach.
*Greene County High School: Rodney Wesley as Head Basketball Coach & Assistant Football Coach; Kendra Payne as Head Basketball Coach (Girls); Karon Colman as Head Football Coach & Track Team Coach; Jacob Sullivan as Assistant Football Coach; Janice Jeames as Girls’ Volleyball Coach and Girls’ Basketball Coach; Frederick Holmes as Band Director; Fentress Means as Head Baseball Coach; Justin Booth as Assistant Baseball Coach; Su’Kovia Hicks as Head Softball Coach (Girls); Drenda Morton as Cheerleader Sponsor.
The board approved the following recommendations for employment as bus drivers for the Summer Enrichment Program: Felecia Davis; Marcus Steele; Teresa Hill; Eddie Coats; Ayanna Crawford; Michael Bolden; Verna Nickson.
The board also approved hiring Walter Taylor of Montgomery, AL as Interim CSFO.
In Administrative Services, the board approved Robert Brown Middle School request to travel to Six Flags Over Georgia for Math and Science Day; and payment of all bills, claims and payroll.
In other business, the board approved the 4-day work week, each day from 7:30 am to 4:45 pm, beginning the week of June 4-8, 2018 and ending the week of July 23-27, 2018. Any and all schedules that differ from the one stated above must be submitted and approved by the superintendent prior to the start date of June 4, 2018.